Tuesday, July 21, 2015

What if?



"Pink Raven", 12"x 16", oil on canvas


What if some ravens were born pink?  And had black and white striped legs?

I'd love that, because that would add a great punch of color all over Anchorage, Alaska.
In the winter (which is almost outlawed to talk about in the middle of summer up here) but, I'll do it anyways…cause I'm feeling rebellious today!  In the winter... all the color drains out of the frozen north for so many months.  If ravens were hot pink, the road sides, parking lots….McDonalds dumpsters, street lights…would have this wonderful color calling our attention.  At sunset, the color would shift and glow with ….maybe purples?  Or glowing around the ravens silhouette... yellow? warm coral, oranges?  Something to think about.

I'd love to see it... that's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment