Saturday, March 2, 2013

Waiting for Spring




I'm waiting for spring.
I cropped this picture when I photographed it, I'm not sure why.  There are flowering branches above my head in the painting.  This is the time of year that I absolutely crave some color.  Alaska is all snow right now, and has been for the past 5 months.
I can't wait for green.  I have been daydreaming of plein air painting for a couple months now.
I'm planning a few trips out of Alaska this spring to do some landscape painting. 
Planning can be half the fun.
Things are starting to look promising here too.  Today was sunny and in the 30's....snow is melting.
 I like it!

Being outside feels so good....so painting and being outside sounds like heaven right now.
I'll have to give it a try.  I've never tried painting outside when it's winter :)





No comments:

Post a Comment