Tuesday, February 19, 2013

California Oak




"California Oak"


I painted this one a while back. 
 My old computer has been dying a slow death....I bought a new Mac Laptop Pro......*LOVE*........sigh...... So that's where I play lately.
All my older painting images are on my other computer.....so this past weekend I was bored and rooting around in my old computer files....look what I found!  I had forgotten all about this painting.

It was painted about 3 years ago, around the same time I wrote a ghost story called "The Orchard".
When I printed out my novel and put it in a binder....this painting seemed perfect for the cover!

I found the novel on the computer too....February just got a whole lot more interesting.
I always find myself daydreaming of tropical paradise in February.  Winter is long up here in Alaska...these last few months drive me crazy.  I just need to make it to the middle of March and I'm good to go again!   I need something to occupy my mind.
Now I have a story to edit!  I still need to go out to my studio and paint something sunny and warm, 
but I have some new ideas floating around in my head of other projects to take on!
I like the sound of that..."take on" ....kinda like....
"Bring it!"  love that one too :) 

Okay, that's my post for today.....
thank you for looking!  



No comments:

Post a Comment