Saturday, March 4, 2017

The light at the end of the tunnel.



12" x 12"  oil on wood panel

I did it!  I got through February.   
It's the hardest part of living in Alaska for me...the month of February.  

Keep my head down and stay busy, try not to notice how cold or dark it is.  
Mentally, I start day dreaming about adventures away.

While I run on a treadmill at the gym, I crank the music and imagine....
body surfing in the ocean somewhere, trail running through the green woods,  
walking barefoot in grass, warm breeze brushing past the bare skin on my arms and legs.
I'm ready to walk out the door in a t-shirt again. 

Now it's March, and when I head home from my studio...it's still daylight!
When the sun is out...I can feel it! Sunshine is warm again!!

Here's something I painted a couple weeks ago, in the mist of my toughest month.

I guess I should be grateful for February... 
it's the month that I dream up adventures to go on for the rest of the year.  
Get myself out into the big, wonderful world.

What was planned this February? 
So far...I'll be plein air painting in Utah, visiting my sister in Colorado
 and hanging out in New York City.  

Thank you February 2017...
it was challenging as always, but interesting.

Thank you for looking!
and reading

No comments:

Post a Comment