Wednesday, June 27, 2018

What you are seeking ...is seeking you. ~ Rumi




Well....inspired by others and my own insatiable desire to wander,  I've decided to step out and explore for 4-5 months.  I live in Alaska, so that's where the journey begins. 
 I have an 1980's VW Vanagon, so that's my home for a while.  

I only have a few "must do's" ....

* drive down the AlCan (Alaska Canada hwy) and
cross the Washington boarder
* see my friends and family in Colorado  
* a concert at the end of September in California

The rest of the trip is going to be... wherever the wind blows me, leaving lots of room for surprises and miracles. I believe if I loosen my tight grip on how things are "supposed to be", then miracles have room to slip into my life and show me something new and beautiful.  I'm traveling with one of my very best friends... Bailey.  A dog I adopted from the animal shelter in Anchorage.  A dog that had been adopted and returned by 4 families the year we brought her home that sunny October day.
Who knows how many homes she had tried to be a part of over her 7 years.
She was afraid of everything.  She had a rocky beginning at my home, but I have a loving family and we all gave her room to love us, be brave and learn a new way to look at life.  
She's the perfect copilot for my trip, and she's gonna need to let go of some of her fears, just like I do.  We're both going to be brave and let each day come with everything it has to offer.

My family is very supportive and I am very blessed to have the opportunity to do this. I'll be posting new sights from time to time...and maybe a new drawing or painting from time to time.  The details and pictures will be here on my blog throughout the summer.

If you want to see what traveling in a van with your dog looks like, follow along :)
I have a feeling this is going to be the most amazing summer!



Bailey....my adorable copilot.



She sleeps in the back on all of our blankets, while I drive.


Thank you for looking and reading!  
I'll see you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment