Friday, March 24, 2017

New paintings....




These are some new paintings drying on my wall.
Lately, every time I see one of my paintings, I see a children's story.
I don't try to paint this way...I mean... I do.  What I mean is, even when I know a color should be subdued a bit....so that another subject can take center stage in the painting,  
I can't do it.  It's like saying....this part isn't as special as this other part.  
I know the idea behind painting this way.  I know that amazing artists accomplish gorgeous pieces of art by using this technique.  I just can't seem to do it, even when I set out to try.

Maybe this is just how I paint.  
I'm cool with that, but some of these paintings feel like a page in a children's story.  
Maybe that's the most logical next step.  
I'm waiting for an idea to come to me...and I'm going to start that project.

Anyways, thank you for looking and reading!
I hope spring is filling you up with excitement and energy!
Have a good one!

Here are a few more of my story book paintings...




3 comments:

  1. Marianne I just saw your blog for the first time. It is so nice to see the words expressing your work and vision. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Harry! I'm glad you like the ideas behind the paintings :) Sometimes I just ramble, haha

      Delete
  2. Marianne I just saw your blog for the first time. It is so nice to see the words expressing your work and vision. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete