Thursday, January 7, 2016

Warm winter day



Oil on canvas …size 16" x 20"

The temperatures have been so mild lately, the snow has melted and old dry grass is everywhere.
This time of year, that yellow, dry grass looks like gold to me.  Its so dark and grey at times in the winter, that my sensitivity to colors gets intensified…what I need to see comes to life.

I'm not sure if the day was quite this brilliant when I went out to paint, but to me it was…
that's what painting is all about…painting what we see, filtered through our eyes, heart and mind.

I used a new plein air painting box, well, its an old one, but new to me.  It's quick to set up and I can paint bigger now, outside.  Its called a yarka, and so far…I'm loving it!



Too fun!!  Thank you for looking!!




No comments:

Post a Comment