Sunday, January 5, 2014

First post of the new year......



I set up my painting box on my deck railing....I'm still trying to get comfortable with moving my painting supplies around.  So here I am painting out side but only a few feet away from my studio.  I'll get there....I just can't seem to find a box that is lightweight, fits on a tripod and I can paint small or up to 16" x 20".  This is a great set up for larger paintings, but this Guerrilla painting box is big and heavy.
I want a set up I can travel with....like airports and fits in my luggage kind of traveling.

So, we'll see.  Anyways this was at about 3:00 to 4:00pm in Anchorage, Alaska.  You can see the sun is getting low and by the end of the painting...I'm catching the sun setting.  This time of year it happens fast.  I took pictures and called it quits...but at 4:15 to 4:30 the sky was on fire and the colors were out of this world.... next time.  Today I just stared, awestruck.  As my sister told me the other day....sunsets are God's paintings.  And today that thought came to mind.


Here's my finished painting.  I'm happy.  
I think I'm making some headway on these 
outdoor paintings!

Thank you for looking and reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment